If you haven't already, please could you let your reps know whether or not you'll be able to sing at our Celebration of Christmas on Saturday 11th December at St Mary's.
The Committee met on 25th October to review our Covid measures at rehearsals. Whilst the government's stance has not changed since July, it was decided that with winter coming and the recent rise in cases, we should tighten up our procedures. We would therefore ask if you could comply with the following:
1. If you have not been double vaccinated, please could you take a lateral flow test on the morning of each rehearsal
2. On arrival at the Ansell Centre, please use the sanitiser at the entrance and maintain social distancing from other members
3. Please register with your voice rep and take your seat straightaway
4. Chairs will be spaced out as much as possible; please do not move them closer to your fellow singers
5. During the interval please remain in your seats except when using the loos; if you need to speak to another member, please do so outside the building
6. The windows and doors will remain open during rehearsals whatever the weather, so dress up warm
7. When stacking up chairs at the end of the rehearsal, please continue to keep your distance from others as much as possible
8. The wearing of face masks remains optional
Finally, should you feel unwell or be experiencing Covid/flu-like symptoms, please do not attend rehearsals.
After several years, Pru and Denis Simons are no longer able to house the HCS keyboard. Is there anyone else who would have room for it? Transport can be arranged separately for whenever it is needed. Please get in touch with a committee member if you can help.
1st prize - Elizabeth Kimnell
2nd prize - Sally Caston
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
The AGM took place on Tuesday 29th June with a great turnout despite Covid restrictions. Louisa Symons was voted in as Chair with Gill Riddle as Vice-Chair. Jessica Bailey, who has been co-opted on to the Committee for the last two years, was voted back on formally, along with new recruit, Martina Shorts.
On behalf of the Choir, Louisa thanked our outgoing Chair, Liz Turnbull, for her hard work and enthusiasm over the last 4 years. Liz will contine to stand on the Committee as Concert Manager.
The Meeting also gave us the opportunity to thank John Cooper for his wonderful contribution to the Society as our accompanist for the last 20 years.